- To facilitate members’ ongoing professional development in the range of skills needed by the industry, and client groups in particular.
- To promote and facilitate support, networking and fellowship between members locally and nationally.
- To maintain a register and a directory of members and their qualifications experience and services.
- To regularly review the associations performance and members needs.
- To promote member standards of service and value, which are reasonable, fit for the client’s purpose and better than industry average.
- To actively promote the value of members specialist skills and knowledge applicable to the retail interiors industry.
- Generally to protect the interests of members and to encourage and promote good relations and understanding between the Members and their suppliers and customers.
RETAIL INTERIORS ASSOCIATION GUIDING PRINCIPLES
To develop awareness of the Retail Interiors Association as a specialist industry amongst members, clients and the general market. Facilitate networking and relationship building between designers, shop fitters and suppliers. Celebrate the Retail Interiors Association achievements, standards and services. Develop membership and encourage participation.
The Executive Board
The Retail Interiors Association Executive Board is made up of members from each discipline of the retail interiors industry.
The executive board meets regularly throughout the year to plan and make decisions for the Retail Interiors Association and controls the associations' monies and finances.